Boost Your Muscle Building Power with the Right Nutrition
When it comes to building muscle, nutrition means everything. If you're not supplying your body with the right nutrients and supplements, you won't achieve the results you're working so hard for. Consider this well-known adage: your body is similar to a car and if you don't care for it properly, it won't perform properly. This idea especially applies to weight lifting and, therefore, building muscle. Simply put, bodybuilders need sufficient nutrients to support their high level of activity. Heavy weight lifting puts a great deal of stress on your body, so you need the essential supplements to promote muscle recovery, as well as muscle building.
So, what are the best weight lifting supplements? There's actually quite a few. However, in addition to taking the right supplements, you should maintain a well-balanced diet to support your body through all your heavy lifting. Fortunately, Road to Nutrition can fill you in on which supplements you should be taking as a bodybuilder, as our goal is to provide fellow fitness enthusiasts with helpful information and beneficial supplements to help them stay fit and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Before we discuss the most beneficial supplements for weight lifting, let's take a minute to go over what type of diet bodybuilders require.
Best Foods for Weight Lifting
When it comes to strength training, a high-protein diet is an absolute must. Of course, protein isn't the only dietary necessity for weight lifters. Carbohydrates and fat are also a must for boosting energy. Not only is protein, in general, necessary for building strength, it's also needed before and after workouts, as it plays a key role in restoring muscle tissue. Take a look at the list below to see which beneficial and protein-packed foods you should include in your strength-training diet:
- Lean Beef: Rich in protein, lean beef is a great choice for post-workout meals. Beef is also a great source of fat.
- Eggs: Considered one of the best sources of high-quality protein, eggs also contain every amino acid needed for gaining muscle.
- Quinoa: Also containing all nine of the essential amino acids, quinoa is rich in protein, fiber, magnesium, and iron.
- Oysters: Oysters are a good source of protein, but more importantly, they contain more zinc than nearly any other food, which is important for protein synthesis.
- Soy: Packed with important vitamins and minerals, soy is rich in amino acids and protein.
While these dietary necessities are essential for bodybuilders, remember carb-rich foods are also crucial for building muscle, especially the night before a big workout. With this, it's time to take a look at the best supplements for weight lifting.
Top 3 Best Supplements for Weight Lifting
Choosing the best weight lifting supplements isn't always an easy task. Between magazine ads and recommendations from peers, the list of beneficial supplements can become quite convoluted. Generally, you'll need a primary supplement to gain mass and stay fit. Here's a short list of some essential supplements you should be taking to build muscle and promote speedy workout recovery:
- Whey Protein Powder: Crucial for protein synthesis, whey protein contains a significant level of branched-chain amino acids. Additionally, whey reaches your muscles quickly so you can start gaining mass sooner.
- Creatine: Shown to stimulate muscle growth and increase levels of fast energy, creatine is absolutely essential for weight training and building muscle. Studies indicate those who take creatine can gain up to 10 more pounds than those who don't.
- Biotin: As a B vitamin, biotin works to convert fats, carbs, and protein into energy, which is essential in weight training. In short, biotin helps your body make better use of food.
- L-Glutamine: An important supplement for muscle recovery, glutamine is needed to promote protein synthesis and is a main fuel source for the digestive tract and immune system.
- GABA: Research suggests GABA can increase growth hormone levels in the body, which is great for bodybuilders. Also, GABA can reduce stress levels, which have an impact on muscle recovery.
Boost Your Power with Road to Nutrition
Overall, a protein-packed and nutritious diet in addition to beneficial supplements can help you stack muscle, decrease recovery time, and increase energy. The supplements listed above are essential for weight lifting, and you can find a majority of them (Biotin, GABA, & L-Glutamine) in the products we offer at Road to Nutrition. Our VITALgh supplement is designed to speed up the muscle recovery process while increasing fat loss.
If you're interested in reaping the benefits of our effective products, be sure to explore our website today and find the perfect supplement for your workout regimen.