Natural Ways to Improve Your Digestive Health
Everyone has dealt with digestive problems at one point or another. Though it may simply be a result of eating the wrong food, persistent digestive problems could be a concern. Occasional abdominal pain, bloating, and constipation may have become expected in our daily lives, but digestive health can be harder to handle for some people, and there's no reason anyone should have to struggle so often. Though common, digestive health problems can often be easily managed with the proper diet, supplements, and even natural remedies.
If you've been struggling with your digestive health, you're not alone. Gastrointestinal problems have unfortunately become quite common in western society, however, numerous natural remedies and supplements can have outstanding effects on your digestive health. A change in diet is even a viable solution to many digestion issues. Whether you suffer from constant bloating, gas, constipation, or abdominal pain, there may be a natural remedy that could improve your digestive health. Take a look with Road to Nutrition.
Digestive Health: 5 Common Issues
Between avoiding problem-causing foods, eating the right foods, and taking various supplements, managing your digestive health can actually be quite simple. The trick is pinpointing exactly what's causing your problems. In other words, before you can effectively attack the cause of your issues, you'll need to determine the root of the problem. Take a look at the list of common digestive health issues and how you can solve them below:
- Chest Pain: Chest pain, often described as a burning pain, is mostly likely the result of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). GERD causes stomach acids to back up into your esophagus, and usually occurs after meals. If symptoms are persistent (multiple times a week) GERD could be the problem.
- Aside from avoiding the foods that cause acid reflux, taking calcium is a sound solution. Increasing the fiber in your diet is also a good idea.
- Celiac Disease: Celiac disease is an autoimmune and digestive disorder, and those with it experience abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhea, and more.
- Gluten is often the cause, so a gluten-free diet is necessary. Organic yogurt, flaxseed oil, and essential fatty acid supplements are also recommended.
- Gas and Bloating: What is often a result of lactose intolerance or sensitivity, gas and bloating can be triggered by a variety of foods.
- If symptoms are a result of consuming dairy, taking a lactase enzyme when doing so could help. Fiber supplements are also helpful, as well as chamomile, apple cider vinegar, and ginger tea.
- Constipation: Those who suffer from constipation typically reach for laxatives, however, overuse of such can cause your body to depend on them.
- Regular exercise and a high-fiber diet of whole grains, fruits, and vegetables are great options. Hydration is also a key factor.
Digestive Health: Improve with Natural Remedies and Supplements
While many people who suffer from the issues above find relief in the accompanying diet changes and remedies, you should always consult a physician when dealing with digestive health problems. If your symptoms are less severe or less persistent, simple changes in your diet could be the answer. Of course, taking dietary supplements such as probiotics could also be a great solution. The list below provides some beneficial supplements you can take to improve your digestive health:
- Ginger (raw ginger or tea)
- Milk thistle
- Pineapple extract
- Aloe vera
In addition to the herbs and supplements above, taking Road to Nutrition's Back on Tract probiotic is an effective option for those suffering from digestive health issues. Consisting of digestive enzymes, our probiotic works to restore healthy bacteria in your body, aid in digestion, and reduce gas and bloating.
If you're suffering from digestive issues, consider a change in diet and check out the healthy supplements we offer at Road to Nutrition. Start your path to a fit and healthy lifestyle today!