Biotin Supplements for Anxiety
For some of us, anxiety is only an occasional occurrence, but for others, anxiety can completely take hold of life, and prescription medications and other alternatives are necessary. Whether it's school, work, or any other personal matter that causes anxiety, disorders of such can be quite difficult to live with. Typically, those who suffer from severe cases of anxiety will look to prescription medications to alleviate their distress. Though these medications may seem necessary, trying safer, natural supplements and remedies may be a viable option.
At Road to Nutrition, we believe in a more natural approach to solving such issues, whenever possible. Though many recognize the effectiveness of prescription medications, the natural approach is always worth trying. Between beneficial supplements and a few effective practices, you may be able to alleviate your anxiety without the need for costly medications and their potential side effects. Whether you suffer from a more severe anxiety disorder or occasional breakdowns, there are plenty of ways to treat anxiety naturally.
How to Treat Anxiety Naturally: Best Practices
Before we discuss natural and effective supplements, you should consider a few practices to alleviate your anxiety. Backed by various studies, these simple changes in lifestyle and daily routines could potentially relieve your symptoms of anxiety. Take a look below and try them for yourself:
- Increase Sun Exposure: The sun is a great source of vitamin D, which can decrease anxiety symptoms. A study even shows people who walk through green areas, such as a forest, have low levels of stress hormones afterward.
- Exercise Regularly: Experts suggest just 21 minutes of exercise a day can effectively reduce anxiety, as your body will release endorphins. The increase of body heat from exercise could even affect cognitive function and mood.
- Take Hot Salt Baths: The magnesium sulfate in Epsom salt has proved to relieve anxiety and lower blood pressure.
- Reduce Caffeine Intake: Obviously, caffeine gives you a boost in energy, but it can also give you a boost in anxiety, so cutting caffeine or consuming it in moderation is a good idea. Try green tea!
In addition to the practices above, a well-balanced diet rich in nutrients is always a viable answer to the question, "How to treat anxiety naturally?" Try adding blueberries, whole grains, oats, spinach, and eggs to your daily diet. Next, consider taking supplements.
How to Treat Anxiety Naturally: Beneficial Supplements
Certain supplements have proved to effectively reduce symptoms of anxiety, however, you should take supplements alongside the practices above to achieve optimal results. While supplements are a great way to manage anxiety, combining a healthy lifestyle with such will only boost their effectiveness. Some of the most beneficial supplements for naturally treating anxiety are listed below, all of which can be found in our Sunshine and VITALgh supplements.
- L-theanine: Found in green teas, L-theanine can help relieve stress, as it induces a relaxing effect.
- GABA: GABA, or gamma-Aminobutyric acid, can alter the production of chemical messengers in the brain which regulate mood. Effective for anxiety and sleep issues, GABA can even lower blood pressure.
- Biotin: It's suggested that biotin assists nervous system functioning, and a lack of biotin and other B-complex vitamins can increase anxiety.
- Ashwagandha: Many hormonal variations occur with anxiety, and studies suggest ashwagandha's alkaloids and lactones can work as hormonal precursors and regulate such activity.
Between healthy lifestyle changes and these beneficial supplements, relieving symptoms of anxiety becomes much more feasible. Road to Nutrition's Sunshine and VITALgh products are formulated with the essential supplements listed above to reduce anxiety and boost your mood. Coincide these with our list of best practices and you could be on your way to an anxiety-free life.
Check out our website for more information about living healthy and staying fit!