Supplements for Athletic Performance
Whether you hit the gym daily, take part in weekend sports, or you're even a full-blown athlete, it's important to supply your body with the necessary nutrients and protein to support all that activity. It's no secret: your training routine and diet go hand in hand. In other words, a rigorous workout warrants a protein-packed diet, including essential nutrients to keep you going when the going get tough. No matter your athletic goals, you need a proper diet to support your workout regimen, and supplements play a large role.
At Road to Nutrition, we cater to fitness and nutrition enthusiasts who strive to keep a balance between each. We focus on supplying our fellow enthusiasts with the supplements, resources and information to maintain an active and healthy lifestyle. In an effort to do so, we've compiled a list of the most beneficial supplements for athletics. So whether you're a workout buff, runner, or athlete, we'll help you find the right supplements to support your body and give you an edge over the competition. First, let's take a look at some primary supplements you need in your diet.
Primary Supplements for Athletics
Athletes and gym goers alike take a variety of supplements to keep them going through their workouts, such as creatine, whey, and much more. However, before you start taking protein-packed supplements, you should work some primary supplements into your diet. You can find many of the essential supplements to follow in a number of foods. Maintain a well-balanced diet and take a look at the list below:
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D can decrease inflammation, enhance upper respiratory health and help you fall asleep. While the sun is a great source of vitamin D, it's not a sufficient source for athletes. Trout, mushrooms, tofu, and pork are all rich in vitamin D.
- Vitamin C: Found in a variety of fruits, vitamin C works to heal wounds, build collagen, and repair muscle. If the sugar content of fruit is a concern, find a supplement that uses Ribose.
- B Vitamins: Great for increasing energy and detoxifying the body, B vitamins are essential for heavy lifting, as this can deplete your body's storage. Broccoli, asparagus, chicken, spinach, and milk contain a variety of B vitamins.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Quite popular, these fatty acids work to promote heart health, enhance cognitive function, and reduce inflammation. Available in many supplements, you can also find the fatty acids in salmon, flaxseed oil, sardines, walnuts, basil, and much more.
- Magnesium: Highly recommended, magnesium is essential in helping muscles contract and relax, reducing blood pressure, and producing ATP. Foods rich in magnesium are spinach, nuts, fish, beans, and avocados.
Best Supplements for Athletics and Performance
Now that we've covered some essential primary supplements, it's time to discuss the ones that will work to support your workouts. When it comes to athletics and performance, protein is key! Athletes and fitness enthusiasts put a lot of stress on their bodies and protein is absolutely essential for recovery. While protein won't fuel us through a long workout, it will work to repair and maintain muscles. Between protein-rich foods and supplements, ensure you're getting the right amount to support your body.
Of course, we can't mention workout supplements without paying mind to creatine. A crucial supplement in maintaining muscle mass, strength, and a capacity for intense workouts, creatine is often a must. Additionally, creatine promotes ATP production, which is our main source of energy. Simply put, creatine is essential for performance.
Road to Nutrition's Supplements for Athletics
In addition to essential and beneficial supplements listed above, Road to Nutrition has formulated a couple supplements to push you through physical activity and help you achieve the rest you need at night. Our VITALgh supplement works to increase fat loss and promote muscle recovery, all the while enhancing libido. For all you men, our Man-Up! product helps improve stamina and endurance, as well as maximize testosterone.
If you're interested in learning more about our products and how you can maintain a healthy and active lifestyle, explore our website. You can find info on nutrition and exercise all in one place!