Boosting Your Skin with Vitamins
At some point in life, everyone struggles with the appearance of their skin. Whether it's a result of aging, hormones, sun exposure, or anything in between, we'd all like an easy way to combat poor complexions. Fortunately, you can take several different vitamins to promote healthier skin and fend off the skin-aging process. Sure, you can also use a variety of skincare products to promote nice skin, but certain vitamins are beneficial to your body too.
At Road to Nutrition, we believe maintaining a healthy lifestyle and staying fit are essential, so we've comprised a list of vitamins that will boost the appearance of your skin, as well as present benefits to your body. So, what vitamins are good for skin? There's a few. You can find some of them naturally in foods, but you can also take a variety of supplements to provide your body with essential nutrients necessary in maintaining perfect skin. However, knowing which foods to eat and supplements to take is key, and we're more than happy to fill you in. Let's take a closer look.
What Vitamins are Good for Skin?
Like we said, there are several vitamins that can protect your skin and keep it healthy and strong. While numerous external factors can damage our skin, the vitamins below are known to fight these effects. Take a look below to see which vitamins are most beneficial in boosting the appearance of your skin.
- Vitamin A: One of the best for aging skin, vitamin A has been proven to reduce wrinkles and smooth rough skin. You can find vitamin A in various creams and lotions, but foods like sweet potatoes, leafy greens, and carrots are also a great source.
- Vitamin D: Great for more than just bone health, vitamin D can also help treat psoriasis. Calcitriol topical creams are often used, though you can find vitamin D in milk, yogurt, beef, and egg yolks.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is essential for skin due to its antioxidant properties and role in collagen synthesis. It can even increase the effectiveness of sunscreens! You can find vitamin C in cantaloupe, citrus fruits, mango, papaya, and much more.
- Vitamin E: Similar to vitamin C, vitamin E also helps protect your skin from sun damage, as it absorbs UV rays. It can also help reduce skin inflammation. Nuts, seeds, and leafy vegetables all contain vitamin E.
- Vitamin K: Found in eye creams also containing retinol, vitamin K has proven to help reduce dark under-eye circles. Kale, parsley, swiss chard, and turnip greens are great sources of vitamin K as well.
Vitamins Good for Skin: Biotin
In addition to the essential vitamins listed above, biotin (a B vitamin) can also be extremely beneficial in promoting healthy skin and fighting the aging process. Biotin is known to support your skin, nerves, digestive tract, and your metabolism. Some people even use biotin supplements to prevent hair loss and increase nail growth. Overall, biotin is often necessary in building healthy fats in the skin, and a biotin deficiency can even cause rashes. The list below features foods that are rich in biotin:
- Sweet potatoes
Of course, you can also find biotin in a number of supplements, such as the one we offer at Road to Nutrition. Our VITALgh supplement features a safe and natural hormone-enhancing formula, designed to improve libido, increase fat loss, and, most importantly, fight the effects of aging skin.
You can learn more about our products on our website, alongside an abundance of useful information to stay healthy and fit. Take a look today and get on the road to nutrition!