July 18, 2011
Frozen Fruit and Yogurt Pops
I made these for my 1 1/2 year old the other day. Little time consuming, but not hard to make. She loved them and so did I!
Simple syrup: Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cool.
1. Place 1 1/2 cups of sliced strawberries in a food processor or blender. Add 1/3 cup cool simple syrup and puree until smooth.
2. Pour 3 Tbsp (may vary depending on the size of your molds) strawberry puree into each mold. Place molds into freezer for 30 mins.
3. Add 2 Tbsp vanilla yogurt on top of strawberry layer. Return to freezer while you prep the next layer.
4. Puree 1 1/2 cups blackberries with remaining simple sugar until smooth. Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve to remove skin and seeds. Scrape the bottom of the sieve with a spoon or the seeds and skin will collect and prevent straining. Discard solids. Add 1 tsp fresh lemon juice to the strained puree.
5. Add 2 tbsp blackberry puree. Insert sticks; freeze for 6 hours.
** You could forgo the blackberry mixture and just use strawberries for the final layer as well to save a little time and avoid the straining step.
**Recipe for 1/2 cup molds.
Posted by Lisa at July 18, 2011 1:36 PM
To send a trackback, use this url. If you know anything about this subject, please post a comment.
With a juicer, I bet these kind of treats are super easy to make from a variety of fruits. Now all I need is a juicer. :)
Posted by: Todd at July 19, 2011 5:32 AM