May 16, 2011
Strawberry Avocado Salsa
* 2 teaspoons canola oil
* 6 (6-inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
* 2 teaspoons sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 1/2 cups finely chopped peeled ripe avocado (about 2)
* 1 cup finely chopped strawberries
* 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
* 1 teaspoon minced seeded jalapeño pepper
* 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
* 3/8 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. To prepare chips, brush oil evenly over one side of each tortilla. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over oil-coated sides of tortillas. Cut each tortilla into 12 wedges; arrange wedges in a single layer on two baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until crisp.
3. Combine avocado and remaining ingredients; stir gently to combine. Serve with chips. Yield: 12 servings. Serving size: 6 chips with 3 Tbsp salsa
Source: Cooking Light
Posted by Lisa at May 16, 2011 6:33 AM
To send a trackback, use this url. If you know anything about this subject, please post a comment.