October 4, 2010
Asian Beef and Mango Salad
* 1 pound ground beef
* 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
* 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
* 1 teaspoon Sriracha hot chili sauce
* 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
* 1 tablespoon canola oil
* kosher salt and black pepper
* 1 head Boston lettuce, torn
* 2 Kirby cucumbers, cut into thin strips
* 1 mango, cut into thin strips
* 1/2 cup fresh cilantro sprigs
* 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain off fat. Stir in the hoisin, 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce, and the Sriracha.
2. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, the remaining teaspoon of soy sauce, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
3. Divide the lettuce, cucumbers, mango, cooked beef, cilantro, and peanuts among bowls. Drizzle with the dressing.
Posted by Lisa at October 4, 2010 7:40 AM
To send a trackback, use this url. If you know anything about this subject, please post a comment.