August 19, 2010
* 1/4 cup pine nuts
* 12 ounces rigatoni (3/4 box)
* 2 Tbsp olive oil
* 3 bell peppers (preferably red and yellow), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
* 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
* 2 tablespoons chopped capers
* 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
* 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
* salt and black pepper
1. Heat oven to 400º F. Spread the pine nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, tossing occasionally, until golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bell peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the olives, parsley, capers, vinegar, crushed red pepper, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until heated though, 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add the pasta and pine nuts to the skillet and cook, tossing, for 1 minute.
Posted by Lisa at August 19, 2010 6:56 AM
To send a trackback, use this url. If you know anything about this subject, please post a comment.