July 16, 2008
Eating more...fruits and veggies
Today, more than 90% of all Americans do not eat their recommended amount of fruits and vegetables. The amounts of fruits and vegetables you need each day may seem daunting, however, fruits and veggies provide the unrivaled combination of great taste, nutrition, and abundant variety.
Eating a colorful variety of fruits and veggies provides a wide range of valuable nutrients like fiber, antioxidants,
phytochemicals, vitamins and potassium.
Five ways to eat more...
1. Cut up fruits and veggies so they are ready for a quick snack; baby carrots and edamame are a cinch
2. Frozen grapes and banana slices make a cool treat.
3. Include lettuce, tomatoes and onions on all your sandwiches and wraps.
4. Forget tortilla chips! Eat raw veggies with your favorite dips and salsas.
5. Take advantage of summer berries; add to muffins, pancakes, cereal and salads.
Posted by Lisa at July 16, 2008 9:53 PM
To send a trackback, use this url. If you know anything about this subject, please post a comment.
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Eating more...fruits and veggies:
Tracked on January 15, 2009 1:46 PM