February 1, 2008
This Sunday: 30M pounds of snacks!
Super Bowl Sunday. It's about football, TV commercials and the eating.
So what, exactly, will you scarf down on Sunday?
In general, the Calorie Control Council says its research, along with that of the Snack Food Association, finds that Americans will eat 30 million pounds of snacks on game day.
Here's the breakdown:
* 11.3 million pounds of potato chips;
* 8.5 million pounds of tortilla chips;
* 4.1 million pounds of pretzels;
* 3.8 million pounds of popcorn;
* 2.7 million pounds of nuts.
The council says before you count real meals, the average armchair quarterback will consume 1,200 calories and 50 grams of fat.
Posted by Lisa at February 1, 2008 8:56 AM
To send a trackback, use this url. If you know anything about this subject, please post a comment.