November 7, 2006
Eat Whole Grains Every Day
Here are some tips to boost your intake of whole grains:
At breakfast, you can:
* Have whole-grain cereal with low-fat or nonfat milk and fresh fruit.
* Top low-fat or nonfat yogurt with a crunchy whole-grain cereal, and round that out with fresh fruit or juice.
* Top a toasted whole-wheat or other whole-grain bread, English muffin or pita with egg or egg whites, low-fat cheese or trans fat-free margarine.
At lunch, you can:
* Use whole-grain breads to make sandwiches.
* Make a whole-wheat pasta salad with vegetables and beans.
* Have a cup of barley soup.
At dinner, you can:
* Use brown rice to stuff cabbage, baked red or green peppers or tomatoes.
* Use whole-wheat macaroni to make macaroni and cheese.
* Try using an unsweetened, whole-grain, ready-to-eat cereal as breading for baked chicken, fish or eggplant parmesan.
Posted by Lisa at November 7, 2006 12:51 PM
To send a trackback, use this url. If you know anything about this subject, please post a comment.