November 22, 2005
To Weigh or Not to Weigh?
Are scales helpful or hurtful? What does that number on the scale tell you about yourself or someone else? Does it say you are good or bad? Does it make you like yourself/someone else more or less?
Ask yourself these questions:
1. When you think of the word SCALE what is the first word that pops into your mind?
2. When you think of weighing yourself, what feelings come up for you?
3. When was the last time you weighed yourself and how did you feel afterward?
4. If someone were to ask you what you weigh, would you tell them the truth and how would you feel about telling them?
5. When was the last time you had a positive experience when weighing yourself and how long did that feeling last?
6. Think about three Individuals you care about and/or respect. Would you care about them or respect them any less if their weight was different?
7. If you never weighed yourself again and only had feedback by how your clothes fit, what would you miss?
You are more than what you weigh.
Posted by Lisa at November 22, 2005 11:19 AM
To send a trackback, use this url. If you know anything about this subject, please post a comment.