January 21, 2005
Weight Loss Rules You Can Live By
1. 80/20. What matters most is what you do 80% of the time. You can decide what to do with the other 20%. If you eat healthy and are physically active 80% of the time, you will have plenty of room to splurge on a night out or enjoy a well-deserved day of rest.
2. You make time for things that you want to make time for. Right now you have to decide that your health is a priority. You will make time for your health, you will make time to make healthy food choices, you will make time for exercise, you will make time for you.
3. Every little thing counts. If you have 10 free minutes where you can either sit and watch TV or stand at the water cooler or eat a doughnut or go for a walk…you will go for a walk. Find 3 ten minute blocks in your day and you’ll add 30 minutes of activity that you didn’t have before.
4. Get Over It! Ever feel like you’re a bad person because you ate a piece of chocolate cake? Get over it! It’s a piece of cake, a cookie, an ice cream cone. So what? First off, enjoy it. Don’t devour it before anyone can see you. It’s ok. Carry on with your day. So you only eat half your baked potato at dinner, don’t eat a snack before bed or you add some extra time to your cardio workout. It’s not like you got caught stealing…trust me, you’re not a bad person.
Posted by Lisa at January 21, 2005 2:21 PM
To send a trackback, use this url. If you know anything about this subject, please post a comment.